Tuesday, January 17, 2012

That's right, I'm a time traveler! -Part 1


At Halifax Airport, waiting to board the plane.
Damn I look good for 3 hours sleep!
   Today, I boarded my first plane. Halifax to Montreal on Air Canada Flight 611. When I left the house at 4:30am, I wasn't even sure if the plane would be able to take off. A huge storm hit Nova Scotia the night before making the roads terrible to drive on. 
When I got to the airport, I paid for my extra suitcase (totally worth the extra 70 bucks btw) and proceeded to the security check. The metal detectors weren't as terrifying as I thought they would be. It's a very simple process done by perfectly nice people. 

Thank God for Starbucks at the airport! Thank you Cole for a Starbucks gift card for my Christmas present!! Three hours sleep and rushing to the plane this morning definitely made me want a caffeine boost. I ordered the usual; a triple venti caramel mochiado with extra drizzle!! Yumm! 


Because of the weather, we had to de-ice the plane before departure so I got to watch the plane get sprayed with this thick green substance that reminded me of Ghostbusters. Actually, taking off and landing is fun on a plane, I heard so many horror stories that I was a tad stressed, but it was awesome!
Somewhere around New Brunswick.. the clouds were magical!
It looks so soft out there, they should use clouds on toilet paper commercials. 


I spent the 2 hours waiting to be de-iced watching
The new Smurfs movie.
Then I got a little dorky and took a smurfs pic.
The Friday the 13th bug bit me as soon as I arrived in Montreal however. I couldn't connect to the wifi at the airport so I couldn't contact anyone to let them know I made it to Montreal. Before my connection from Montreal to Vancouver could take off, we had to de-ice that plane as well. Only problem is we were 11th in line to get de-iced, putting me 2 hours behind schedule.

The ear popping isn't bad at all either, I was sure it was going to be super painful. The only thing I don't like about flying is the way my muscles feel because of the altitude. It's also very dry up in the air, my skin and eyes were drying out.
The view from the window is breathtaking! 
Soo gorgeous! Here's a few pics of the plane ride between Montreal and Vancouver:















Sooo far up!





Part of the ground was checkerboard style.. it amused me greatly. 







So gorgeous! 







Its so beautiful up here and exhilarating! or maybe that's just the wine making me feel so exhilarated? They served me some French white wine that was pretty decent. Never say no to free wine! 










I am officially the furthest west in canada that I've ever been! 
Gonna go take my first airplane piss, wish me luck!


Jk jk it wasn't that bad! It was actually kind of nice. 

I'm actually impressed. Although the bathroom may have been small, it was very clean.
They had Fruits and passion soap! Smelt good! They even had free sanitary napkins!
It always amazes me when there are free feminine hygiene items. People *cough men cough* rarely remember or care about this part of a woman's life. 
Lol... translated wrong.. On a Montreal plane.. Lol


Me in a plane!


So far so good on the journey.. Vancouver here I come!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment